Broward County's Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division (HBMD) will be performing improvements to the sidewalks and curb ramps along Andrews Avenue between Sunrise Boulevard and Oakland Park Boulevard, starting Monday, January 30, 2017 and ending on or before Monday, May 22, 2017, barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
The project will be constructed in two (2) phases:
- Phase 1 - Andrews Avenue Northbound
- Phase 2 - Andrews Avenue Southbound
Work will consist of repairing existing sidewalks, upgrading curb ramps and driveways to current ADA Standards. The following traffic impacts are expected during construction:
- During Phase 1, northbound Andrews Avenue will be temporarily narrowed to one lane. The through lane adjacent to the sidewalk will be closed. All other lanes will remain open.
- During Phase 2, southbound Andrews Avenue will temporarily narrowed to one lane. The through lane adjacent to the sidewalk will be closed. All other lanes will remain open.
- The sidewalks within the work area will be temporarily closed, and pedestrians will be redirected to the sidewalk on the opposite side of Andrews Avenue.
Broward County's Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division (HBMD) will be working with their Office of Public Communications, the City of Fort Lauderdale and the City of Wilton Manors Public Information Office to issue press releases and notify emergency responders. Additionally, variable message signs will be posted to warn affected motorists and pedestrians.