Citation Appeals Information
Pursuant to Section 19-9 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Wilton Manors, Florida, one may appeal a citation that is believed to have been caused by a defective meter no later than twenty-four (24) hours after issuance of the citation via telephone or by appearing in person at:
Park Wilton Manors
517 NE 21st Court
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
Phone (954) 566-3704
If such a citation is issued at any time during which the office is closed, such report must be made by 5:00 p.m. on the next working day the office is opened.
All Other Citation Appeals
To appeal any other parking violations, an Appeal Hearing Request Form must be submitted within 10 business days from the date the citation was issued to the Park Wilton Manors Office located at the address stated above.
Separate request forms must be completed for each citation that is being appealed.
Instructions for Completing the Appeals Hearing Request Form
- Print clearly and complete in its entirety the Appeal Hearing Request Form. If you have any questions, immediately contact the Park Wilton Manors Office. The court requires the vehicle identification number (VIN). If the VIN number is not provided, the appeal will be denied.
- Explain in detail why you believe the citation was issued in error and attach the original citation and any supporting documentation. Check the box, if appropriate, indicating if you are the registered owner and /or if you were the operator of the vehicle at the time of the violation. Print your name, address and phone number, sign and date the form.
- All forms must be returned within 10 business days from the date the citation was issued.
If you do not reside in Broward, Palm Beach or Miami-Dade County, you must have the form notarized.
Please call our office at 954-566-3704 for additional information.
- Penalties will continue to accrue until we receive your appeal form.
- Failure to return the completed form to this office within the specified time limit will result in your appeal being rejected by the Park Wilton Manors Office.
- If all of the above criteria have been met, your appeal will then be forwarded to the Clerk of Courts Parking Division. Once the citation has been forwarded to Broward County Clerk of Court, the citation will be processed by the Clerk of Circuit Court.
- When you receive your Broward County reference number, all further concerns, payments, inquiries, and communications regarding this citation must be addressed to:
- Broward Clerk of Courts Parking Division
201 SE. 6th Street, Room 220
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Ph: (954) 831-5804
- Upon receipt of the completed Appeals Hearing Request Form, you will not have to pay any fine or fees while pending the outcome of your appeal from the Broward County Clerk of Court.
- The office of the Clerk of Circuit Court will notify you of the date and time of your hearing.
You waive the right to pay the current amount of the civil fee (parking fine) to the City of Wilton Manors when the citation is forwarded to the Clerk of Circuit Court. If the citation is upheld, you may be subject to additional court fees and costs.